DECLARATION OF CONSENT
Consent to processing and transmission of personal data to a third country
I agree, in my own name, that HS Timber Group GmbH, Favoritenstraße 7/2, 1040 Vienna, may process my personal data, in particular contact data (last name, first name, main place of residence, email address, telephone number, date of birth, university, matriculation number) and the data I have voluntarily provided by submitting my curriculum vitae, transcripts and personal statement for the following purposes:
• Registration and selection of participants as well as implementation of a course program from Berkeley, taking place from 22nd to 24th September 2021 ("Evergreen Lectures")
• Issuance and transmission of certificates from Berkeley upon successful completion of Evergreen Lectures
In order to register and select the participants as well as conduct the Evergreen Lectures and issue the certificates, it is necessary to collect, transmit and thus process the personal data provided and the data contained in the curriculum vitae, transcripts and personal statement by HS Timber Group at the University of California (Berkeley) 2220 Piedmont Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94720-1900, United States.
Data processing is therefore also carried out at least in part in the United States of America. For the United States of America, there may be currently no adequacy decision by the EU Commission within the meaning of Article 45 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This means that the EU Commission has not yet positively determined that the country-specific data protection level of this country corresponds to that of the European Union due to the GDPR.
The GDPR requires so-called suitable guarantees for data transfer to a third country, which are not available for the United States of America.
Possible risks that cannot currently be excluded for the participant are in particular:
- The data could possibly be passed on to other third parties by the University of California, Berkeley beyond the actual purpose of fulfilling the Evergreen Lectures
- You may not be able to assert or enforce your information and data protection rights vis-à-vis the University of California, Berkeley
- There may be a higher probability that incorrect data processing may occur, since the technical organizational measures to protect personal data may not fully, quantitatively and qualitatively meet the requirements of the GDPR.
- The data may be stored longer based on US regulations than would be permitted based on the GDPR
Thus, I expressly consent to the transfer of my personal data to the United States of America for the registration, preparation and implementation of the Evergreen Lectures.
I can revoke this consent at any time from HS Timber Group GmbH as the company responsible. Revocation does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before the revocation. In this case, HS Timber Group GmbH cannot carry out Evergreen Lectures for the participant concerned and can therefore immediately exclude the participant.
You have the right to information, correction, deletion, restriction, portability, revocation and objection. If you believe that the processing of your data violates data protection law or your data protection claims have otherwise been violated, you can complain to the supervisory authority.
You can contact us at any time at email@example.com .