Terms and Conditions - Evergreen Lectures Berkeley Course 2021
§ 1 Overview
1. HS Timber Group, a subsidiary of Evergreen Privatstiftung, located in 1040 Vienna, is the organizer (“Organizer”) of the free Evergreen Lectures Berkeley Course 2021 that includes obtaining a certificate from Berkeley.
2. The purpose of Evergreen Lectures Berkeley Course 2021 is, to gather students from the forestry and timber industry as well as other students with experts from other areas and to enable them to think outside the box.
3. The Evergreen Lectures Berkeley Course 2021 will take place from 22nd to 24th September 2021 daily from 9 a.m. in the duration of 8 hours. A mandatory get-together meeting will take place on the 21st September, before the first day of the course. All times in CET.
4. The Organizer is entitled to change the format of the Evergreen Lectures Berkeley Course 2021 for good cause.
5. The course will be held at the TU Technical University, 1040 Vienna. The room of the Evergreen Lectures Berkeley Course 2021 is communicated to the selected participants via e-mail. Preparatory course materials are also sent in English, which must be prepared before starting the course. The detailed procedure will be announced to the selected participants.
6. The course and its content are in English. If the course is successfully completed, the course can be credited as an English-language free subject of 2 ECTS in winter semester 2021/2022 at the Boku Vienna.
7. Unauthorized transmission of course material or the streaming link is not permitted.
8. Upon successful completion of the Evergreen Lectures Berkeley Course 2021, participants will receive a certificate from Berkeley.
9. Applications to participate in the Evergreen Lectures Berkeley Course 2021 can only be submitted electronically using the online form on the website.
10. Participants must create an additional account on the website of Berkeley.
§ 2 Eligibility
1. The Evergreen Lectures Berkeley Course 2021 is aimed at regular students at Austrian universities and technical colleges with excellent and good academic success.
2. Participants who are employees of a company, a public institution or an educational institution are responsible for ensuring that their participation in the Evergreen Lectures Berkeley Course 2021 does not violate any rules of their respective institution or employer. HS Timber does not assume any liability for damages arising from a violation of such rules.
3. Participants must ensure that they can attend the course at the scheduled time of the Evergreen Lectures Berkeley Course 2021 and the get-together online event that takes place beforehand and with the necessary technical equipment.
4. Participants must register using the application form on the Evergreen Lectures website and must submit evidence of their academic success and interest in this Evergreen Lectures Berkeley Course 2021 using a curriculum vitae (in English), a transcript of academic grades and a letter of motivation (in English). The application deadline ends on 22nd August 2021, midnight. The Evergreen Lectures Berkeley Course is limited to 30 participants.
5. The selection of participants is made by an internal jury and the visiting professor. Only applications with complete documents will be considered.
6. There is no legal claim to participate in the Evergreen Lectures Berkeley Course 2021.
§ 3 Application and work equipment
1. Every interested regular student of an Austrian University or University of Applied Sciences must apply online (by 22nd August 2021 midnight at the latest) for a slot in the Evergreen Lectures Berkeley Course 2021.
2. By 30th August 2021, the selection and notification of the participants will be made. In addition to the up to 30 selected applicants, waiting list slots will be allocated, thus if a participant fails to take part in the mandatory get-together online event, the slot will be assigned to the next person on the waiting list.
3. The Evergreen Lectures Berkeley Course 2021 is a course that is held in-person. The Organizer has no obligations to provide any work equipment. The Organizer will inform the technical requirements in good time.
§ 4 General rules
1. By applying for participation in the Evergreen Lectures Berkeley Course 2021, the applicant agrees to the rules mentioned here and the decisions of the Organizer.
2. The Organizer reserves the right to change the conditions of participation at any time. It is the responsibility of the applicant to inquire about possible changes to the conditions of participation on the website.
3. The Organizer reserves the right to exclude participants who violate the official rules of participation, cheat, or disrupt the Evergreen Lectures Berkeley Course 2021 or behave inappropriately at any time.
4. Should the feasibility of the Evergreen Lectures Berkeley Course 2021, at the discretion of the Organizer, be endangered, the Organizer reserves the right to a) interrupt it and resume it after a certain time, b) take other measures that are appropriate in the situation appear, or c) finish the Evergreen Lectures Berkeley Course 2021.
5. By registering or taking part in the Evergreen Lectures Berkeley Course 2021, the participant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Organizer, its employees and other third parties in the event that he is liable during the event through unauthorized interference in the rights and services of third parties or through the violation of trademark or other protective and property rights,
§ 5 Privacy
2. Otherwise, the Organizer's separate data protection declaration applies.
§ 6 Miscellaneous
1. These terms and conditions and the resulting legal relationship are subject to the law of the Republic of Austria. Any disputes arising out from this relationship shall be governed by the courts of Vienna, Austria.
2. Should any provisions of these terms and conditions be or become ineffective in whole or in part, the validity of the remaining provisions will not be affected.